Monday, January 12, 2015

I Worked on Friendship Today

I sat and talked with a friend today
he just listened and filled me with love
my eyes filled wet when I told him
who, inside, I really was.

I told him of my childhood
and listed the things I missed.
I told him of the pain I felt
and he said, "but you were truly blessed!"

Blessed? did you not listen to what I said?
Did you not hear of my loneliness?
Did you not hear my pain?

He nodded and whispered in my ear
"I remember the tears then as now"
That's when I felt his arms
surround me as my head a began to bow.

"Look up and laugh and smile" he said
You reap what you sow,
you plant - you grow
your memories are alive not dead.

So each morning let's sit together
and remember the good not bad.
We will chat and write and read and laugh
for everything wasn't that bad.

Now start your day,
and plant joy everywhere you go
and remember
you reap what you sow.

No comments:

Post a Comment